Allah the Exalted had assigned responsibilities to those Angels:
- Gabriel: is responsible for conveying Allah’s revelation to Allah’s prophets and Messengers.
- Mikal (Michael): is responsible for the rain
- Israfil: is responsible for blowing into the trumpet which will take away the souls of every human being. And he will blow second one and life will be given back to all human beings since the beginning of creation by the will of Allah.
- The Angel of death: is responsible for the taking the souls of people at the time of death by the will of Allah.
- One of the angels is responsible for the sperm in the womb, as is mentioned in the hadeeth of Ibn Mas‘ood (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:
“The Messenger of Allah , whose truthfulness is confirmed, said: ‘The way that each of you is created is that he is gathered in his mother’s womb for forty days as a sperm drop, and then for a similar length of time as a blood-clot, and then for a similar length of time as a lump of flesh. Then an angel is sent and he breathes the spirit into (the foetus), and is charged with four commands: to write down his provision, his life-span, his actions, and whether he will be wretched or happy.